As the COVID-19 pandemic has continued to evolve, Orchestra Iowa has been closely monitoring the latest developments. Based on the guidance from local public health officials and the CDC, we are taking the difficult but necessary steps to indefinitely postpone all Orchestra Iowa and Opus Concert Café performances and events through May 10, 2020.
The health and safety of our audience members, musicians, school families and staff remain our top priority as we continue to pursue our mission to foster enjoyment of, and support for fine symphonic music. Please know that it is with a heavy heart that we make this announcement.
We are sure this is a disappointment for all affected, just as it is for us. Currently, we are working to secure new dates for the affected performances and hope to find options soon. We will communicate these to you as quickly as possible if and when they become available. In the meantime, the following steps will be taken to ensure your safety and health:
• Covalent Bloom, March 27-29 – indefinitely postponed
• First Friday Jazz: Confluence, April 3 – canceled
• Mozart’s Requiem, April 4 – indefinitely postponed
• Now Hear This, April 7 – canceled
• First Friday Jazz: Mike Conrad Trio, May 1 – indefinitely postponed
• Now Hear This, May 5 – canceled
Kids’ Activities Schedule
• Discovery Chorus Concert, April 5 – canceled
• Spring Youth Concerts, April 6 – canceled
• Pied Piper Woodwinds Concerts, April 16-18 – indefinitely postponed
• Discovery Day at Johnson STEAM Academy, May 1 – as scheduled
• Pied Piper Brass Concerts, May 7-9 – indefinitely postponed
• Orchestra Iowa School Recital, May 9 – as scheduled
These are unprecedented times at Orchestra Iowa, and we are working diligently to accommodate all requests. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate a challenging and ever-changing situation. Orchestra Iowa remains committed to supporting its staff and musicians through this time, and to prepping and planning for future concerts and programs. Now more than ever, we need your help to survive and thrive. Click here to donate now!
Thank you and stay safe!
At this time, our staff are working remotely until further notice. But don’t worry – we are still here to help and ready to connect with you! Please message us on Facebook, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 319.366.8203. We appreciate your patience as we are currently experiencing a higher than normal call volume.