Position: Orchestra Personnel Manager
Status: Contract, Part-Time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Orchestra Personnel Manager is an integral part of the Operations Team who is responsible for hiring musicians, coordinating concert payrolls, ensuring the accurate and timely communication of information to musicians, and promoting the general welfare of the Orchestra.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hire contract musicians in accordance with the Master Agreement and substitute/extra musicians in consultation with the Music Director and section Principals, as determined by the repertoire and approved by the budget.
• Prepare and submit reports and documentation to Union as required by the Master Agreement.
• Ensure that musicians have accurate and timely information through concert memos, Artistry of Music (personnel management software), and other communication platforms as appropriate.
• Coordinate auditions for open positions and sub-list and serve as a proctor for auditions.
• Participate in concert management as required; take attendance, provide five-minute calls, address musician and conductor issues, make personnel announcements and ensure compliance with the Master Agreement.
• Provide necessary payroll information following each set; ensure accuracy and verify changes for overtime, doubling, etc., as well as deductions; collect employment paperwork.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Passion for and familiarity with symphonic music
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and time management skills
• Extraordinary diplomacy and discretion
• Experience with databases helpful
• Ability to maintain an engaging and positive attitude during high-pressure situations
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends
• Must be able to work in the United States
SALARY AND BENEFITS
10K annual contract fee. Benefits include free concert tickets and downtown parking.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume with salary history and three references via email to email@example.com to:“firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.