Position Title: Marketing Manager
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Senior Director of Patron Experience
Direct Reports: None
The Marketing Manager is responsible for executing Orchestra Iowa’s email campaigns, marketing (print, digital, social), and group sales strategies to strengthen the Orchestra’s overall audience development efforts. This individual will seek opportunities and ways to continually grow the patron base for Orchestra Iowa, Opus Concert Café, and the Orchestra Iowa School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing and Promotion
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of subscription, single ticket, and special event sales campaigns through direct mail, print and on-air media, electronic communications, digital, and grassroots marketing initiatives
- Oversee the design and functionality of web and social media/networking sites
- Create and maintain a calendar for all organizational e-mail communications, including promotional, informational, fundraising, etc.
- Design, schedule, and track all e-mail communications in WordFly
- Track and report ticketing revenue detail, expenses, and ROI on marketing efforts.
- Improve data strategies and reporting to encourage greater targeting of the institutional message
- Update and maintain online content, including community calendars, event pages on Orchestra Iowa’s website, and other web-based information access points
- Design and implement strategies to grow group sales efforts
- Create collateral that increases Opus Concert Café rentals and other use
- Partner with the Orchestra Iowa School team to develop and implement a marketing plan that increases student enrollment and visibility of programs
- Work with Executive Assistant to maintain advertising trade records and relationships
- Work alongside Senior Director of Patron Experience to work with the Orchestra’s Marketing Committee, including preparing and presenting ticket sales reports and metrics
- Oversee production of Overture magazine and any other publications by:
- Assigning and collecting all content, including appropriate advertisements, for inclusion in each magazine
- Collaborating with Overture designer to outline and edit each issue in a timely manner
- Negotiate print quantity and delivery timelines directly with the printer
- Participate in concert duty rotation for Orchestra Iowa concerts, as assigned, actively assisting with and participating in patron engagement
- Represent Orchestra Iowa in a professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO or Senior Director of Patron Engagement
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree or equivalent and minimum of one year of marketing experience; minimum of two years working for a ticket office, arts organization, and/or similar customer service environment
- Must have excellent communication skills and extreme attention to detail
- Strong ability and aptitude for implementing data-driven marketing strategy: recording, tracking, and reporting on ROI
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed within a fast-paced work environment
- Must be responsible, reliable, able to work weekends and evenings
- Must be well-organized, prompt, and ready to think outside the box for creative solutions and new approaches
- Must demonstrate diplomacy in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Tessitura (or other CRM database)
- Strong experience in mass marketing email and website management software
- Must have a passion for the performing arts and desire to bring them to Iowa audiences
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience, mid $30’s. Orchestra Iowa provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, free concert tickets, parking at a downtown parkade, and many others.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume with salary history, and three references via email to “email@example.com. No phone calls, please.