Graphic Designer is a part-time role that works closely with the Patron Experience team in the development of advertising and marketing collateral that promotes positive brand recognition and loyalty for Orchestra Iowa, the Orchestra Iowa School, and the Opus Concert Café.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage design and production of all concert and event creative material with direction from Senior Director and Patron Experience Manager
• Execute design and production projects from inception through completion
• Participate in brand identity conversations and ensure commitment to and consistency with the Orchestra’s established brand
• Produce all brochures, print ads, direct mail, posters, digital graphics, and other promotional pieces to support sales, fundraising, school, and other institutional programming needs
• Attend an occasional planning meeting at the OI office
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field
• Must have access to Adobe Suite software and personal computer
• Extreme attention to detail
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and graphic design skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed within fast-paced work environment
• Expert skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Suite, and similar programs
• Must have a passion for the performing arts and desire to bring them to Iowa audiences
Hourly rate is $14-15 an hour, approximately 10-12 hours a week. A flexible schedule and remote work is possible.
To apply, please submit portfolio link, cover letter, resume with salary history and three references via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.