Donor Relations Manager is a full-time position that supports the fundraising needs of Orchestra Iowa with cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts by managing a portfolio of individual and corporate supporters to advance the organization’s mission and vision. This position is integral to the overall success of the Orchestra’s fund development efforts by one’s ability to foster a culture of deepened partnerships and relationships for Orchestra Iowa, the Orchestra Iowa School, and Opus Concert Café.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Annual Fund Campaign (60%)
• Assist in developing strategies to maximize individual philanthropic support from a portfolio of individual donors through a variety of mediums including personal visits/solicitation, direct mail, and electronic/tele-fundraising
• Maintain a portfolio of individual donors, including frequent personal meetings, to encourage increased philanthropic participation from within the portfolio
• Maintain a portfolio of corporate donors; devise and execute strategies to encourage increased engagement from within the portfolio and recommend new prospects for sponsorship
• Research, identify, and rank prospective donors; support moves management strategies
• Identify best prospects for new and increased gifts and collaborate with Development and Marketing teams to design strategies to increase engagement
• Monitor and execute stewardship initiatives, including benefit fulfillment, follow-up calls, Board & donor partnership initiative, etc.
• Make recommendations to enhance donor stewardship processes
• Assist with managing a grants portfolio, including writing, editing, and submitting some grant applications
• Represent Orchestra Iowa at performances, events, and in the community
Special Events (15%)
• Participate in all Special Event staff committees to brainstorm and execute events that will introduce new patrons to Orchestra Iowa’s programs and generate additional financial support
• Partner with event chairs and committees to secure underwriting for fundraising events.
• Assist with coordinating logistics, promotion, sponsor recognition and execution of fundraising events.
• Identify and solicit prospective event sponsors
Other Fundraising (15%)
• Actively participate in the success of all fundraising efforts of Orchestra Iowa, including endowment, capital, and special campaigns
• Assist the Board, CEO, and Development team in executing strategies to achieve fundraising and event revenue goals
• Ensure grant and gift compliance by submitting required reports and acknowledgments adhering to regulations and best practices
• Partner with Patron Engagement team to create and monitor comprehensive communications calendar, incorporating funding appeals, direct mail, email communication, grant deadlines, and other required communications
• Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1-3 years of fundraising or similar experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Driven by building and stewarding great relationships
• Professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information
• Must have a desire to contribute to the success of a larger team
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Proven ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced work environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
• Experience with Tessitura or other patron relationship / CRM database preferred
• Passion for the arts a must
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range in the mid 30’s. Orchestra Iowa provides medical, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, downtown parking, and many other benefits including work from home opportunities
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume with salary history and three references via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.