The Assistant Ticket Office Manager is a part-time hourly position responsible for assisting in the administration of the ticketing system of Orchestra Iowa. The office provides ticketing services for Orchestra Iowa, the Paramount Theatre, Opus Concert Café, and other area venues/organizations. Work is primarily done in the Tessitura database and the online ticketing portal while also incorporating additional software programs and technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide exceptional customer service experiences for all ticketing transactions made in person, on the phone, or via the website, including ticket sales, donations, and special events
• Serve as a Ticket Office manager-on-duty for theatre performances, including some nights and weekends. Produce reports for events, and close with theatre management staff.
• Help prepare and disseminate event reports with pertinent production information to ticket office and other staff
• Assist in building shows, series, seasons, and educational programs in Tessitura; create price/zone maps; secure holds required for various constituency needs
• Assist in ensuring ticketing system functionality, including online sales; troubleshoot problems immediately
• Prepare daily, weekly and post-show ticket reports; extract lists; develop, follow, and maintain SOPs
• Maintain work schedule for ticket office staff, and serve as first point of contact for Ticket Office Associates
• In cooperation with Database Administrator, coordinate onboarding technology training for Ticket Office staff
• Assist in processing subscription renewals, securing group sales, and other sales and audience growth efforts
• Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in and commitment to providing outstanding customer service and helping create exceptional client experiences
• One to three years experience working for a ticket office preferred
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Excellent communication skills and close attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Must be responsible, reliable, trustworthy, polite
• Must be able to work some weekends and evenings
• Ability to provide diplomacy in handling sensitive and confidential information
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience in Tessitura (or other CRM database and/or ticketing system) highly desired
• Must be able to lift 30lbs, unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Hourly rate is $13.00 per hour, approximately 20-24 hours per week.
Orchestra Iowa offers a fun and productive work environment, with opportunities to learn, grow, and advance your career.
Perks include paid downtown parkade parking, concert tickets, and a flexible schedule
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume with salary history, and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.