Orchestra Iowa seeks a highly organized, reliable and creative individual to join its team as Ticket Office Manager. This opportunity requires exceptional data-management and technology skills, and a desire to empower both staff and patrons. The ideal candidate for this position must be collaborative, detail-oriented, independently motivated, have the ability to successfully lead and inspire a team and have the ability and willingness to work nights and weekends.
The Ticket Office Manager is responsible for the administration of the box office and ticketing system of the Paramount Theatre, Orchestra Iowa and Opus Concert Café, including the Tessitura CRM database, online ticketing portal and other required hardware and software.
- Manage and lead the part-time Ticket Office staff
- Oversee and guide the performance, updating, use, maintenance of and communication concerning Tessitura, website, network server, scanners, ticket printers and other required hardware and software
- Build shows, series, seasons and educational programs in Tessitura; create price/zone maps; secure holds required for wheelchair, house, artist, media, promoter, fan club and other needs
- Prepare event one-sheeter with pertinent production information for dissemination to staff
- Serve as manager for the Ticket Office for theatre performances on nights and weekends
- Ensure ticketing system functionality, including online sales; trouble shoot problems immediately; be on-call for performances, events and emergencies
- Manage marketing activities in Tessitura; create pre-sale and promotional codes for events
- Batch Tessitura-tracked revenue; prepare daily, weekly and post-show ticket reports; extract lists; develop and maintain standard operating protocol documents.
- Serve as liaison with Tessitura, Made Media, Tektivity and other technology vendors
- Coordinate technology training for staff and volunteers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO or CFO
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent and one to three years experience working for a ticket office
- Must have at least one year of experience managing a team of people
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills and an extreme attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Tessitura (or other CRM database
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed within fast-paced work environment
- Must be responsible and reliable at all times
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings
- Must have diplomacy in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Must have a passion for the performing arts and desire to bring them to Iowa audiences
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Orchestra Iowa offers a fun productive work environment, with opportunities to learn, grow, and advance your career.
Orchestra Iowa provides medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance and parking at a downtown parking location
Orchestra Iowa also offers a voluntary 403b retirement plan and supplemental cancer insurance
Perks include concert tickets and summer office hours
Salary commensurate with experience, mid to upper $40’s
Orchestra Iowa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com
- No phone calls, please.