Ticket Office Associates provide exceptional customer service, both over the telephone and in person, by selling single tickets and subscriptions. Ticket Office Associates are responsible for ensuring positive experiences for patrons and for providing general support to the administration. The Orchestra Iowa Ticket Office handles ticketing for all Orchestra Iowa performances, as well as, Opus Concert Café, The Paramount Theatre, and Revival Theatre Company.
Ideal candidates are self-starters, well-spoken, collaborative, dependable, and enthusiastic about the arts. They must be able to adapt to a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional service to donors, subscribers, and patrons via phone, email, and in-person at the Ticket Office.
- Answer incoming calls for ticket orders; convey general information about Orchestra Iowa, Opus Concert Café, Paramount Theatre, or Revival Theatre Company events and professionally respond to inquiries and requests for information
- Process ticket orders over the phone or in person. Handle will-call and ticket exchanges.
- Process season subscriptions for Orchestra Iowa, Revival Theatre Company, and Paramount’s Broadway Series
- Utilize Tessitura ticketing software to enter transactions and update constituent records
- Provide accurate data entry and patron account maintenance in Tessitura.
- Assist in the execution of marketing strategies, including subscription renewals, group sales, and other audience acquisition efforts as needed.
- Provide support for events as required.
- Provide administrative support as needed (donation assistance and special event registration)
- Monitor Orchestra Iowa building after Ticket Office closes for Orchestra Iowa School music lessons (Monday-Thursday evenings 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to manage and handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure
- Must be responsible, reliable, and able to work assigned shifts plus evenings/weekends.
- Must be proficient and have work experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Office, Excel)
- Must be able to learn the Tessitura CRM database within 30 days of employment.
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience in sales or customer service
- Performing arts or non-profit sector interest or experience
Currently Hiring for the following TICKET OFFICE HOUR SHIFTS:
Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Monday – Wednesday evenings 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Sunday afternoon (Orchestra Iowa School/Building Monitor)
Various evenings and weekends for performances (Minimum 12-16 hour commitment during regular office hours)
Hourly position starting at $10.00 an hour
Orchestra Iowa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls, please.