Position: Graphic Designer
Status: Part-Time (10-12 hrs/week)
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Graphic Designer works closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications and the Patron Experience Manager in the development of advertising and marketing collateral that promotes positive brand recognition and loyalty for Orchestra Iowa, the Orchestra Iowa School, and the Opus Concert Café.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee design and production of all concert and event creative material
- Execute design and production projects from inception through completion
- Participate in brand identity conversations and ensure commitment to and consistency with the Orchestra’s established brand
- Produce all brochures, print ads, direct mail, posters, digital graphics, and other promotional pieces to support sales, fundraising, school, and other institutional programming needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and graphic design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed within a fast-paced work environment
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Suite, and similar programs
- Must have a passion for the performing arts and desire to bring them to Iowa audiences
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position is a part-time, hourly employee. A flexible schedule is possible.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume with salary history and three references via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.