Position Title: Donor Relations Manager
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The Donor Relations Manager supports the fundraising processes of Orchestra Iowa with cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts by managing a portfolio of individual and corporate supporters to advance the organization’s mission and vision. This position will be integral to the overall success of the Orchestra’s fund development efforts by his/her ability to foster a culture of deepened partnerships and relationships for Orchestra Iowa, the Orchestra Iowa School and the Opus Concert Café.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Annual Fund Campaign
- Develop strategies to maximize individual philanthropic support from a portfolio of individual donors through a variety of mediums including personal solicitation, direct mail, and electronic/tele-fundraising
- Research, identify, and rank prospective donors; support moves management strategies
- Identify best prospects for new and increased gifts and collaborate with Patron Engagement team to design strategies to increase engagement
- Ensure accurate and timely patron correspondence, including solicitation, acknowledgement, and pledge reminder letters
- Monitor and execute all stewardship initiatives, including benefit fulfillment, follow up calls, Board & donor partnership initiative, etc.
- Make recommendations to enhance donor stewardship processes
- Maintain a portfolio of corporate donors; devise and execute strategies to encourage increased engagement from within the portfolio and recommend new prospects for sponsorship
- Represent Orchestra Iowa at performances, events, and in the community
- Participate in all Special Event staff committees to brainstorm and execute events that will introduce new patrons to Orchestra Iowa’s programs and generate additional financial support
- Partner event chairs and committees to secure underwriting for fundraising events
- Assist with coordinating logistics, promotion, sponsor recognition and execution of fundraising events
- Identify and solicit prospective event sponsors
- Actively participate in the success of all fundraising efforts of Orchestra Iowa, including endowment, capital, and special campaigns
- Assist the Board, CEO, and Development team in executing strategies to achieve fundraising and event revenue goals
- Ensure grant and gift compliance by submitting required reports and acknowledgements adhering to IRS regulations and best practices
- Partner with Patron Engagement team to create and monitor comprehensive communications calendar, incorporating funding appeals, direct mail, email communication, grant deadlines, and other required communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supervisory responsibilities – None
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree and at least 2 to 4 years of fundraising experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Driven by building and stewarding great relationships
- Diplomacy in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Collaborative workstyle with a desire to excel in a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and succeed within fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Tessitura or other patron relationship database preferred
- Passion for the arts a must
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. Orchestra Iowa provides medical, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, downtown parking and many other benefits.
ABOUT ORCHESTRA IOWA
Founded in 1921, Orchestra Iowa is widely recognized as the state’s premier symphony orchestra. Its 68 professional musicians showcase their artistic excellence through more than 180 classical, ballet, opera, popular, chamber and educational performances each season, many of which are heard on Iowa Public Radio and seen on Iowa Public Television. Orchestra Iowa currently has an annual operating budget of $3 million, operates under a collective bargaining agreement with the American Federation of Musicians and is a member of the League of American Orchestras (Group 3) and the Regional Orchestra Players Association (ROPA).
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume with salary history and three references, and writing sample (optional) via email to“firstname.lastname@example.org(email Anne Ohrt)”:emailto:“email@example.com. No phone calls please.