Position: Donor Relations Manager
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Donor Relations Manager supports the fundraising needs of Orchestra Iowa with cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts by managing a portfolio of individual and corporate supporters to advance the organization’s mission and vision. This position will be integral to the overall success of the Orchestra’s fund development efforts by his/her ability to foster a culture of deepened partnerships and relationships for Orchestra Iowa, the Orchestra Iowa School and the Opus Concert Café.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Annual Fund Campaign (60%)
- Develop strategies to maximize individual philanthropic support from a portfolio of individual donors through a variety of mediums including personal visits/solicitation, direct mail, and electronic/tele-fundraising
- Maintain a portfolio of individual donors; devise and execute strategies, included frequent personal meetings, to encourage increased philanthropic participation from within the portfolio
- Maintain a portfolio of corporate donors; devise and execute strategies to encourage increased engagement from within the portfolio and recommend new prospects for sponsorship
- Research, identify, and rank prospective donors; support moves management strategies
- Identify best prospects for new and increased gifts and collaborate with Development and Marketing teams to design strategies to increase engagement
- Monitor and execute all stewardship initiatives, including benefit fulfillment, follow up calls, Board & donor partnership initiative, etc.
- Make recommendations to enhance donor stewardship processes
- Represent Orchestra Iowa at performances, events, and in the community
Special Events (15%)
- Participate in all Special Event staff committees to brainstorm and execute events that will introduce new patrons to Orchestra Iowa’s programs and generate additional financial support
- Partner with event chairs and committees to secure underwriting for fundraising events.
- Assist with coordinating logistics, promotion, sponsor recognition and execution of fundraising events.
- Identify and solicit prospective event sponsors
Other Fundraising (15%)
- Actively participate in the success of all fundraising efforts of Orchestra Iowa, including endowment, capital, and special campaigns
- Assist the Board, CEO, and Development team in executing strategies to achieve fundraising and event revenue goals
- Ensure grant and gift compliance by submitting required reports and acknowledgments adhering to IRS regulations and best practices
- Partner with Patron Engagement team to create and monitor comprehensive communications calendar, incorporating funding appeals, direct mail, email communication, grant deadlines, and other required communications
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree
- At least 2 to 4 years of fundraising or similar experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Driven by building and stewarding great relationships
- Professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Must have a desire to contribute to the success of a larger team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Tessitura or other patron relationship / CRM database preferred
- Passion for the arts a must
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. Orchestra Iowa provides medical, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, downtown parking, and many other benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume with salary history and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.