Status: Contract, Part-Time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Working in partnership with the CEO, Music Director, Board of Directors, and Development team, the Campaign Manager will drive fundraising success to generate at least $8.5M for a Centennial Comprehensive Campaign including $4M in new gifts to the Orchestra Iowa endowment (plus additional planned gifts), growing the annual fund and securing funding for capital needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage overall campaign progress to ensure success in endowment growth (including planned gifts), annual fund growth, and funding for capital investments
- Collaborate with Development team to identify tracking and reporting protocols
- Guide prospecting efforts and strategize on cultivation and solicitation plans
- Lead team meetings to develop ongoing campaign strategy and define implementation needs
- Participate on donor calls to offer insights on philanthropic opportunities
- Be a visible and enthusiastic advocate for Orchestra Iowa in the greater Cedar Rapids-Iowa City area by building and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years of successful fundraising, including planned giving
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement large-scale fundraising program(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Committed to building and strengthening meaningful relationships
- Ability to lead with a flexible, authentic, and collaborative style
- Diplomacy in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Passion for the arts a must
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a 1-year contract position, renewable annually for the term of the campaign. Contract fee and hours are to be negotiated.
ABOUT ORCHESTRA IOWA
Founded in 1923, Orchestra Iowa is widely recognized as the state’s premier symphony orchestra. Its 68 professional musicians showcase their artistic excellence through more than 180 classical, ballet, opera, popular, chamber and educational performances each season, many of which are heard on Iowa Public Radio and seen on Iowa Public Television.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume with salary requirements and three references via email to Anne Orht. No phone calls please.